Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Small Update

My soaping orders for last weekend.
What's new in the life of this Pagan Mama?  Oh, I'm glad you asked!  I FINALLY got myself a job, albeit not a great-paying job.  But hey, it's something, right?

I got myself on the substitute list for the public schools in town, so that will pay well when I am able to sub, and I also took a job babysitting two children while their mother goes to work at a local bar.  As far as that is concerned, I start tomorrow and I am very excited!  However, I think it's going to have to be temporary because it still won't make me enough to live off of and I won't really be able to sub if I'm sitting at strange hours that start at 10a.m. or 2p.m.  I think I will have every Monday off from sitting, so I think I will sub every Monday I am able to.  Other than that, it's going to have to be mornings.  (Oh, and did you know that if I were to substitute teach for the public schools five days a week, I would make more money than I did with a regular teaching contract at the local parochial school?  Damn shame, it is!)

In other news, it has been a successful week in business for me.  A woman in Scottsbluff ordered enough soap and salts to cover all of my expenses for this next month's soap supplies...woot!  She is a repeat customer, and I hope that she keeps returning--I had so much fun getting all of my orders ready! :)  I have also been working on making some malas (prayer beads) and just finished another box last night!  Actually, I posted a picture of it burned and unfinished, but now it is burned and painted and it looks amazing!  Well, I think it does, anyway. :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had my first day of babysitting today...kind of wanted to pull my hair out! :S Three children aged three and under...Oof!

      Delete