Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Herbs on My Shelf

Yesterday was the delivery date of a huge (to me) shipment of herbs from Mountain Rose.  Oh, was I ecstatic! I made a video for my YouTube so I could show them off, but I made a total tool of myself at the end.  I had about twelve different herbs and resins, and I was mostly giving information about the medical uses of each, and then, on my last herb, I totally blanked!  For no good reason (other than being a ditz) I totally blanked and couldn't remember what Hawthorn leaf and flower are used for...ugh.  Due to that stupid screw-up I now want to re-film, but I don't have the time.  I have about four videos to make right now, and haven't been able to find time for a one of them.  *sadface*
(And, in case you're wondering, Hawthorn leaf and flower can be used for a number of ailments.  Notably, it can be used for cardiac issues, as well as immunity.)


Here I'm including a picture of the new herbs on my shelf.  Please, note that Mountain Rose Herbs does not send their product in Ball jars, though! LOL  I moved my resins and dandelion root to mason jars, not only to save shelf space, but to make my bedroom look a little bit better.  I bought ten pounds of bulk herbs, and some are obviously more voluminous than others, so I didn't move them to jars--I don't really want three quart jars of Lady's Mantle sitting on my shelf...mostly because I have bath salts to put in my jars! ;)  I let Elijah smell the copal, frankincense, and myrrh that I bought, and he exclaimed, "Mmm!!!  That smells wonderful!!!"  (He is three years old, though, so everything is "wonderful!" :P )

Later this week I will be getting my product labels that I had special-ordered last week.  I'm so incredibly excited to start my little business--especially since I've been wanting to do this for so long!  I did start working on my own website, but it's so ridiculously far from being ready that I've only given two people the link so that they can check my progress.  Hopefully someday I'll be able to share that with you fine people, but for now you'll probably just going to be relegated to my etsy store :P

On a side note:  What lovely weather I experienced today--temperatures in the 50s and a shining sun--what more could a person ask for?!

2 comments:

  1. What, precisely, does a resin consist of in this context? I wish to know more about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A resin in this context is a plant resin--a plant by-product. Frankincense actually comes from Boswellia trees, and Myrrh comes from Commiphora trees. The stuff we used on our bows is basically the same thing :)

      Delete